Most of our lives are spent trying to find meaning. Finding something we love and turning that into a career path can almost seem impossible. As Confucius famously said, “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” We focus a lot on doing what we love so work won’t actually feel like work, but we also need to ask ourselves what works means to us.
An article posted on Entrepreneur.com, wrote 7 Tips for Loving Your Career and Working with Passion:
· 1. “Make discovering what you love before you enter the workforce your mission. And don’t be afraid of what you find.” – Renee La Londe, CEO and founding partner of iTalent
· 2. “Don’t wait to do what you love. Take risks.” – Yingzhao Liu, principal designer, international, at LinkedIn
· 3. “Say positive no matter what.” – Sabrina Horn, founder, president and CEO of Horn Group
· 4. “Identify what you value in life. Is it achievement, security or purpose?” – Ingrid Sanders, founder of PopExpert
· 5. “Find the interaction between what you love and where you excel.” – Kelly Bowles, director of user experience at LinkedIn
· 6. “If you say you’ll do it, do it.” – Kathy Foltner, entrepreneur and consultant
· 7. “Trust in the power of attraction.” – Geri Stengel, founder of Ventureneer
Find more information and more tips by reading the rest of the article, you won’t be sorry:
Monday is not the day to be back at the grindstone. Monday is the day to be back at your passion. Turn your dreams into goals and actions into reality… Everyday!